In order to earn a diploma from Diego Valley Public Charter, students must have completed the following requirements. Total credits required for graduation is 210.
- ENGLISH – 40 credits
- SOCIAL STUDIES – 30 credits
- World History – 10 credits
- U.S. History and Geography – 10 credits
- U.S. Government and Economics – 10 credits
- SCIENCE – 20 credits – (one year Physical and one year Biological)
- 30 credits – Includes completion of a course in algebra
- HEALTH – 5 credits
- VISUAL/PERFORMING ARTS/FOREIGN LANGUAGE/CTE
- Visual Arts – 10 credits OR
- Performing Arts – 10 credits OR
- Foreign Language – 10 credits OR
- Career Technical Education 10 credits
- COMPUTER LITERACY – 5 credits
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION – 20 credits – Students are required to complete 10 credits in grade 9, with the remaining credits earned at any time in grades 10-12
- ELECTIVES – 50 credits
A student shall complete a minimum of 10 credits while enrolled in order to be eligible to graduate. Even if a student has completed 210 credits and has met the CORE CURRICULUM requirement she/he must still complete the 10 credit minimum requirement.
Due to the change in academic standards, Senate Bill 172 (Liu) was signed by the Governor to suspend the administration of the CAHSEE and the requirement that students pass the CAHSEE to receive a high school diploma for the 2015–16, 2016–17, and 2017–18 school years.